NKC Cork and Limerick are delighted to announce we will re-open our 2 locations to the public on Monday, June 29th at 12.00 midday.
Since closing in March due to Covid-19 we have made changes to our facilities and updated existing policies for the safety of our staff and customers to get ready for re-opening.
Taking into consideration the guidelines set out by the Government’s Re-opening Roadmap Statement, we have changed the format in which our customers pass through our centre, to ensure cleanliness and social distancing.
All our managers have been trained and certified in COVID-19 Compliance Awareness.
- All customers will have to sanitise their hands on entry and wear latex gloves until you leave our facility.
- Following registration you will be given race gloves, balaclava to cover your mouth, sanitised neck brace and open face helmet – all necessary safety equipment for racing.
- Face masks will be made available if requested.
Health & Safety
Health and Safety is always a priority in the National Kart Centre and we are committed to providing a safe and fun racing experience. Our new policies and staff training have been focused primarily around protecting the safety of our staff and customers based on best practice policies. We are confident that you will feel as safe and protected as possible to practice social distancing, even when in separate groups. There will be plenty of space in our waiting areas provided prior to racing.
COVID-19 Improvements for Customer Safety
- Sanitisation booths in both premises – for the sanitisation of neck braces and helmets – after every use.
- We have installed air sterile units in our facilities which eliminates bacteria and viruses in the air and on all exposed surfaces.
- New, open faced helmets.
- New, disposable balaclavas and race gloves for every customer.
- Reduced capacity numbers – some of our race formats will not be run until further notice.
- Separate location for groups to wait and race from.
- One way system in place for groups safety.
- Social Distancing rules and signage.
Booking Your Karting
All karting must be pre-booked – either by phone or email.
Customers are required to arrive 20 minutes prior to karting for briefing.
Customers may bring their own helmets and/or race gear, provided they meet with current safety standards.